Thursday, February 18, 2010

A new fashion trend, perhaps?

Today my grade 10s are doing a chemistry lab that involves some potentially dangerous chemicals and, therefore, need to wear safety glasses. The text also tells them to wear aprons. I don't make this mandatory as I think it's overkill. Invariably, however, there will be at least one student who WANTS to wear them. It doesn't tend to last long as they trap heat like crazy.

I have one (male) student right now who has been rockin the apron for the better part of the period and when I asked if he was "getting hot yet", he answered "No, but this apron is slimming!"

I was unprepared for this response and laughed quite a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's basic black, but without pearls.

    And meanwhile, across the hall in the science office, I was treated to a grade nine boy scrubbing test tubes with great onanistic vigour, complete with orgasmic sound effects. Twice. The second time being *after* my emphatic announcement that "um, hello, I am in the room y'know!"

    ReplyDelete