Due to many factors this year, our school is running out of coverages. Teachers are allocated so many times that they can 'cover' a teacher who is absent per school year. This has been set in the Collective Agreement between our union and the school board. At any rate, the number of coverages available for admin to assign is slowly dwindling (I have four to go before I'm maxed out and there is still roughly 6 - 7 weeks left of school). Also, our school's supply budget is apparently quite low.
Why am I mentioning all of this? Because of all of this, our admin has decided to ISU pretty much every grade 12 university prep class. I remember when I was in high school I was psyched when I got an ISU. It was the best. However, there is just way too many right now. I had one student say this to me:
ISU's are great...until you have way too many of them.
You know there are too many ISUs when the STUDENTS start complaining about them.
thats sad. so much for "teaching"
ReplyDeleteAdd to that so many lost days due to events, tournaments, etc etc etc. I had to toss an afternoon's worth of plans yesterday. I'm all for experiential learning, but meet me half way, life!
ReplyDelete