I can't complain about my classes this semester. For the most part I have some hard working kids! As I type this my grade 10s are working away on a chemistry assignment (you could almost hear a pin drop...if it wasn't for my incredibly loud and swiftly failing heating unit). However, I do have one grade 10 who is well known throughout the school as being an absolute asshole. He physically threatens other students (both male and female) and teachers (yup, you read that right, teachers). As a side-note: he is short and stocky. I just refer to him as the gremlin. Oh, and he is really only tolerable in class when he comes stoned (I wish I was kidding about this...).
I received an email from my principal yesterday asking if my attendance is correct: is the gremlin attending my class? Yup! Apparently mine is the only class he is attending...because he has two friends in it. And here I thought it was because I'm such an amazing teacher.
Fast forward to one hour ago: I receive an email from the principal stating that the gremlin has been suspended for persistant truancy and physically threatening a student whom he had previously threatened in November (which also resulted in a suspension). With that being said, guess who stroolllllls into my period 2 class (late, of course)?
Ummmm....Gremlin, you shouldn't be here. You're suspended.
What the fuck am I suspended for?
I guess you should go see {our male VP} and find out.
*The last line is what I actually said, what I wanted to say was:
Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that you skip every class but this one, you bully students and you are just a generally awful person. Leave.
That would probably come back to bite me.
No comments:
Post a Comment