Thursday, January 27, 2011

Exams!

I'm knee deep in exam marking. The reccuring theme is awful spelling. I by no means am an English major (I'm mean just look at this sentence!). However, I do pride myself on my spelling. I LIKE to spell things properly. When words are incorrectly spelled I cringe. If I am typing (or writing) a word that I am not 100% sure on the spelling; I look it up!

With that being said, here are some structures in the fetal pig which I didn't know existed until a couple days ago: the gull bladder, diframe and both the imbril and embelaca cords.


Spelling aside, I have had so many terrible answers on these exams but I didn't write them down and I am too lazy to dig through them to find some. So here are ones that some of my colleagues told me:

Grade 9 Geography
The capital of Nunavut is Igneous.


The province with the greatest concentration is the USA (another kid answered China).


The Inuit people live in iglues.

Grade 10 Academic Science
Fluorescent lights in hospitals emit gamma rays.


Gold is now a non-metal.

Grade 11 University-Prep Biology
The aorta is now known as the abdomen long tube.


The gull bladder stores vile.

Grade 12 University-Prep Biology
We apparently all breathe hydrogen gas now.

No comments:

Post a Comment