Next week is fetal pig dissection week. Exciting! This is about the time when some of my regularly non-attending students begin showing up sporadically. They are putting in their time so they can do the pig dissection. Guess what kiddies? You’re getting the virtual dissection. I’m not wasting a pig on you. They are going to be so pissed off on Monday. I’m not going to lie; I’m looking forward to calling them on their laziness. (As I’m typing this one of them just waltzed in; 30 minutes late!)
Today I showed a video on the human digestive system to wrap up the unit before we begin the dissection. It is fairly graphic, showing all aspects of digestion (except egestion). One scene shows chime (partially digested food) flowing through the first section of the small intestine. One of my infrequent attenders took time out from texting her friends to remark:
“Ugh…that looks like puke.”
“Well that’s because it is. That’s partially digested food…that’s what you puke.”
“Oh…uh…yeah I guess so.”
No comments:
Post a Comment