Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Unbelievable

I'm currently covering a grade 9 essential level math class. Luckily there are only 7 students and they are relatively quiet. This isn't really interesting at all. Just thought i'd mention it. What really caught my attention was the instructions left by the teacher. Below the teaching instructions were specific information items pertaining to a few students. I have never seen anything like this written down before. Here it is! (names have been changed):

John Smith: he has an epipen, what causes his reactions are unknown, please keep an eye on him and be prepared to administer the Epipen if he needs it.


Jane Doe may have difficulty breathing if she gets bumped, or hit on the chest, is she is having any difficulty, call 911 immediately.


Jen Brown has health issues and she may appear to be space out from time to time; she may be having hallucinations. If she has to leave the classroom have another student accompany her (she has never asked to leave the classroom, so you should not really worry).


How awful is this teacher's grammar? I mean I understand you're a math teacher, but please.

No comments:

Post a Comment