It is now one week until first semester final exams and that means fetal pig dissection time for my grade 11 biology students. This involves a lot of paper towel, soap, hand sanitizer and always leads to some interesting tidbits: (this will be updated over the next few days i'm sure)
1. Pig names
Babe (i usually have at least two per class)
Spartacus
Skinny
Dirty Infidel Animal (i've been told this is a tentative name...from an all islamic group in my Dept. Head's class)
ManBearPig
Jimmy
Ted
Jaqueline
Jimmy Page
Iggy the Piggy
Bertha
Sally
Hamlet
Bonquiqui
Bacon Deluxe
2. Snippets of conversation
"Pig everywhere I turn."
"Sir, I think my pig only has one ball."
Student:"Can I keep my pig's eyes?"
Me: "No and why would you want them?"
Student: "I wanted to pickle them and give them to a friend. He has a thing for eyes."
No comments:
Post a Comment